Dr. Dan DeReuter does not endorse this diet-this is here for informational purposes only. Do this diet at your own risk.
Chicken Soup Diet works on a very simple idea. You have 1 breakfast each day (see breakfast choices listed below) and as much chicken soup as you want during the day. First off, here is the recipe for the chicken soup, below you’ll find the breakfast choices you can have each morning.
* 2 Tbs. oil, best if you use olive oil
* 4 parsnips cut into 1/2 inch pieces (this is about 1 lb. of parsnips)
* 4 ribs celery sliced
* 1 turnip cut into 1/2 inch pieces (3/4 of a pound)
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
* 1 Tbs. chopped garlic
* 2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 16 cups reduced fat, low sodium, chicken broth
* 7 cans (5 oz. each) of chicken, or 5 cups (1 1/2 lbs) fresh chicken (cooked)
* 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen carrots
* 1 box (10 oz.) frozen broccoli florets
* 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped collard greens
* 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped onions
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill or 1 tbs dried dill.
Using a large pot, heat the oil over a medium head. Add the parsnips, celery, turnip, jalapeno peppper, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook all the vegetables until the are crisp-tender…this should take about 15 minutes. Add the broth, chicken, carrots, broccoli, collard greens, onions, lemon juice and dill. Brink it to a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
This will make 26 cups of soup.
On the chicken soup diet you are allowed one breakfast a day. Now you can try a different breakfast every day, and this is the best way because it will give you a good nutritional balance. Since there are only 5 different ones to choose from, for the last two days of the diet, repeat the ones you liked the best. Okay, here are the Breakfast dishes:
* 1 cup vanilla nonfat yogurt combined with 1/2 cup chopped fruit salad and sprinkled with wheat germ.
* 1 cup ricotta cheese combined with 1/2 tsp. of sugar and a dash of cinnamon.
* 2 pieces while-grain bread, toasted
* 3 dried figs
* 1 1/2 cups Total cereal
* 1/2 cup nonfat milk
* 1/2 cup calcium enriched orange juice
* 1/2 cup prune juice
* 1 small whole-wheat bagel, topped with 1 oz of fat-free cheddar cheese melted.
* 1 1/2 cups cooked Wheatena Cereal
* 1/2 cup nonfat milk
Now remember, you have one of these breakfast dishes every day and then as much of the chicken soup as you want.