INNER KLEAN SOUP
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- carrots, washed and sliced
- celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 med-large onion, peeled and sliced
- 6 garlic cloves (less or more to taste)
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme, or 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp to 1 Tbsp peppercorns (optional)
- 1 gallon water(
Wash and cut into small rounds or pieces (smaller = more flavor). I recommend Organic fruits and vegetables or locally grown if possible, don’t let that stop you though.
1. Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add all ingredients except water.
2. Cover and sweat chopped veggies for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally and re-covering.
3. Once liquid forms, add 4 cups water.
4. Puree in blender in batches (careful with hot liquid).
5. Add the remaining water and bring to boil.
6. Boil for 20 minutes.
7. Strain and reserve stock.
8. Discard pureed vegetables.
This basic stock can be used as a base for any soup recipe you want to make.
Lightly flavor with sea salt @ 1/2 tsp.
Add in any of the following, chopped fine or diced small:
- Onions or leeks
- Summer squash, green or yellow
- Cabbage, red or green
- Fresh jalapeño pepper, diced
- Any vegetable that you like – except starches
(no potatoes, rice, or parsnips)
The purpose of this broth is to flush out toxins that have accumulated through time. Drink lots of it during the 6 days and continue on for as long as it takes. It is full of vitamins and minerals from the vegetables.
This should make a one day supply so I often triple the recipe and refrigerate the rest to drink later, or it can be frozen. Changing our desire for foods we aren’t fond of yet is not easy and can even be painful but there are two kinds of pain, static pain from refusing to change which results in dis-ease and ill health or growth pain which hurts none the less but has a result at the end.
Learn to get involved with making it and think about how good it is for your body and you to be doing something good for yourself. Take time with the preparation, don’t rush it; this indicates not taking enough caring time for ourselves. That is at the bottom of issue inside.
We want to learn to honor ourselves and withhold criticism, replace it with tolerance, sympathy and love for ourselves.
Laughter helps, learn to laugh at ourselves when we are feeling overwhelmed.
That’s why it is often referred to as the best medicine.
Know that you are loved and this simple recipe is a way to learn to love yourself.